The new BFCESD facility cost share for the seven entities

THE BIRCHWOOD FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT HAS RECEIVED A $500,000 MATCHING GRANT FROM DAVID & CAROLYN CLEVELAND FOR A NEW BUILDING TO STORE AND MAINTAIN THE DISTRICT’S FIRE PROTECTION AND AMBULANCE SERVICES EQUIPMENT

                             ———————————————————————-             

THE VILLAGE OF BIRCHWOOD WILL HAVE A VILLAGE BOARD MEETING AT 6 PM ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2019                 

———————————————————————-

ONE ITEM ON THE AGENDA WILL BE FOR THE VILLAGE OF BIRCHWOOD BOARD TO PASS A RESOLUTION TO AUTHORIZE THE VILLAGE OF BIRCHWOOD TO ASSIST IN FINANCING THE NEW FACILITY AND TO AUTHORIZE THE VILLAGE TO ENTER INTO A PROMISSORY NOTE FOR THE VILLAGE’S SHARE OF THE COST OF THE NEW FACILITY.

FIRE CHIEF Ken George says, “The new building provides many benefits, but the major benefit would be the safety of our firefighters.”

Ambulance Service Director Don Bergstrom Jr. adds, “The new building is important for the ambulance service to continue to be a functioning part of the community. As we have had difficulty recruiting people to work and volunteer for shifts, we have had to recruit people from outside our response area and they need a place to stay overnight and work from.”

With the $500,000 Cleveland Matching Grant, the seven (7) entities that are part of the BFCESD will need to contribute a maximum of $820,000 split between the entities using the Districts assessment formula for fire and ambulance services.

Village of Birchwood’s maximum share is .050395% which is $ 41,323.92

For more information please visit the Village of Birchwood website at www.birchwoodvillagewi.com.

 

The new BFCESD facility cost share for the seven entities based on EPV’s
The seven entities are responsible for a maximum of $820,000 of the total cost of $1,820,000 for the new BFCESD Facility. The $820,000 is split with 10% ($82,000) being charged to the five entities participating in the Ambulance Service based on the ambulance formula and the remaining 90% ($738,000) being charged to all seven entities based on EPV’s
Total Share of New Building ($820,000)
Town of Birchwood $105,611.26 12.87942 %
Town of Cedar Lake $264,047.65 32.20093 %
Town of Doyle $43,571.21 5.31356 %
Town of Edgewater $174,801.13 21.31721 %
Town of Long Lake $179,376.66 21.8752 %
Town of Wilson $11,268.17 1.37416 %
Village of Birchwood $41,323.92 5.0395 %
Fire Share ($738,000) Ambulance Share ($82,000)
Town of Birchwood $91,704.44 $13,906.83
Town of Cedar Lake $237,839.38 $26,208.26
Town of Doyle $43,571.21 Does Not Participate
Town of Edgewater $148,467.54 $26,333.59
Town of Long Lake $179,376.66 Does Not Participate
Town of Wilson $9,347.05 $1,921.12
Village of Birchwood $27,693.73 $13,630.19 Dated 8/3/2019

X