The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the February meeting on Tuesday, February 19, 2019. The meeting was called to order by Village President. Virginia Hurckman. Roll Call: Hurckman, Seffinga, Small, Depoister, VanGilder – present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Police Report – Chief has his 2018 YTD report. He has been busy with weather and traffic. The trial for the car burglaries is progressing.
Maintenance Report – Tucker reports that one lift station froze up and needed to be fixed. The sewer plant has ice. Due to all the snow falls they have many hours of overtime for plowing. Tucker will be speaking to residents asking them not to push snow to streets. They have been red tagging many cars who continually park on the street inhibiting plowing.
Public Comment – Positive feedback for the crew keeping the streets cleared of snow and ice. Encourage the board to work with other towns/villages and compare financials.
- Motion by Depoister, second by Seffinga to approve agenda, carried 5-0.
- Motion by VanGilder, second by Depoister to approve minutes from January 8th Board Meeting, carried 5-0.
- Diane Johnson offers an information sheet regarding the property they want to sell. Tucker explains that water is not an issue however the sewer would need a lift station & grinder. The board will not reconsider allowing a shed/storage building, and no special assessment.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Small to allow a group to use the village hall during the Lenten season for a prayer group, carried 5-0.
- Motion by Hurckman, second by Seffinga to have a referendum go to the voters regarding the building of a fire hall and/or any new equipment, carried 5-0. Hurckman presented a letter from President Morris Gillette dated 1/8/14 requiring a “call for referendum” on any new building and/or additional equipment for the BFCESD. Depoister spoke regarding a proposed formula for tax district(s).
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to approve operator’s permit for Lisa Clark, carried 5-0.
- Dennis Brown will return village lawn mower in spring as soon as snow melts.
- DNR Water Management Specialist has contacted the Schutt Trust, owners of property at 325 Hinman Drive, regarding their riprap and dock. No further information received to date.
- No committee reports.
- Motion by Small, second by Seffinga to approve new bills, payroll and accept Treasurer’s Report., carried 5-0.
- No correspondence.
- Motion by Small, second by VanGilder to convene in closed session; roll call: Hurckman – yes, Depoister – yes, Small – yes, Seffinga – yes, VanGilder – yes. pursuant to 19.85(1)(c) and 19.85(1)(b) WI statues which, if discussed publicly, would likely have a substantial adverse effect upon the reputation of any person(s) referred to in such data.
- Motion to reconvene in open session to discuss issues and take action on matters discussed in closed session.
Motion by Small, second by Seffinga, to adjourn the meeting, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette, Clerk/Treasurer