The Village of Birchwood Trustees held the first 2017 Budget Workshop on Tuesday September 27, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the Birchwood Village Hall. Roll Call: Depoister, Small, Hurckman, Seffinga, and VanGilder – Present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Public Comment – None. Business
- Hurckman presented the wish/needs list from maintenance. A 2016 John Deere front end loader ($125,000 with trade-in), a John Deere 2025R tractor w/mower ($25,892.78 with trade-in), and a New Lolland Boomer 24 ($39,500 with trade-in).
- Motion to approve bid from Kitchen & Floor Décor, Inc. for $2,984.56 to recarpet Village Hall, including office space and hallway to bathrooms.
- Hurckman presented the “estimate” for looping water and sewer to corner of LaPoint and Hwy 48. Hurckman tabled it.
- We do not have an updated Budget for 2016 available (CPA not complete with audit for 2015) therefore we cannot go through budget yet.
- Next budget meeting will be November 1, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the Village Hall.
- The Board went into “closed session” pursuant to WI Status 19.85(1)(c) to consider employment, promotion, compensation or evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
- The Board returned to “open session” to take action on closed session discussion.
- Motion to adjourn Budget Workshop by Small, second by Seffinga, carried 5-0.
Submitted by Kathy Paquette